Amend or change a ride-hailing (TNS) licence
Ride-hailing (TNS) companies must apply to the Passenger Transportation Board to amend or change their terms and conditions of licence. They cannot apply to amend terms and conditions labelled “legislative requirements”.
Make sure you understand the application process. Learn how the Board makes a decision using the information and evidence you submit in your application package.
To operate in other regions, you must apply to amend your licence. You cannot operate in TNS Regions you are not approved to operate in.
TNS regions and their regional districts (RD)
- Region 1: Metro Vancouver RD, Fraser Valley RD, Squamish-Lillooet RD
- Region 2: Capital Regional District (CRD)
- Region 3: Cowichan Valley RD, Nanaimo RD, Comox Valley RD, Alberni-Clayoquot RD, Strathcona RD, Mt. Waddington RD, qathet (Powell River) RD
- Region 4: Okanagan-Similkameen RD, Central Okanagan RD, North Okanagan RD, Kootenay Boundary RD, Cariboo RD, Thompson-Nicola RD, Columbia-Shuswap RD, East Kootenay RD
- Region 5: Fraser-Fort George RD, Bulkley Nechako RD, Kitimat-Stikine RD, Peace River RD, Northern Rockies RD, North Coast RD, Sunshine Coast RD, Central Coast RD, Islands Trust
Amend a TNS licence
- Transportation Network Services application package(222 KB) (Registrar and Board forms)
- Signing authority (Registrar form)
- Business plan
- Financial information
- All Applicants: Cash flow projections (36 months) and income statements
- Established Companies: Balance sheet
- Sole Proprietors or Partnerships: Personal net worth statements
- Resumés, criminal record checks and business registration documents
- Public need indicators
- Submit your completed application package to the Registrar’s Office at CPV@gov.bc.ca.