Limousine Rates Archive
This webpage contains historical information about the limousine rates pilot project from 2011 – 2014.
The pilot project introduce a minimum-maximum 'rate band' that was in effect from July 1, 2011 until April 30, 2014. The rates applied to limousines that can carry up to 11 passengers (plus driver) that are licensed to operate in Vancouver, Victoria and surrounding areas (also known as the Lower Mainland and CRD). This new approach gave limousine licensees the flexibility to adjust their rates without needing to make a Change of Rates application to the Board.
Pilot Project Evaluation: 2013/14
The Board evaluated the pilot project with an online survey (June/July 2013), a public discussion paper (December 2013), and meetings with limousine licence holders (February 2014). Related documents are posted here.
- Web Page | Current Limousine Rates & Rules
- February 2014 Presentation | Industry Discussion – Victoria & Area
- February 2014 Presentation | Industry Discussion – Vancouver & Area
- December 2014 Paper | Limousine Rates in the Lower Mainland & CRD
- December 2014 Advisory | Limousine Rates Issues for Discussion
- December 2014 Advisory | Update & Extension for Limo Rates Evaluation
- June 2013 Advisory | Evaluating the Limousine Rates Pilot Project
Pre-Pilot Project Consultations: February & March 2011
The Board consulted with the limousine industry before the start of the pilot project. Related documents are posted here.
- 2011–2014 Rule | Rates & Rules for Limos in Lower Mainland & CRD
- 2011 Report | Report on Limousine Rates in the Lower Mainland & CRD
- 2011 Proposal | Proposed Limousine Minimum Rates Pilot Project
- 2011 Advisory | Limousine Minimum Rates Pilot Project
- 2011 Power Point | PPT For Industry Discussion Session in Richmond
- 2011 Advisory | More Minimum Rates Options for Limousines
More Info about Limousine Rates
- Web Page | PDV Rates
- Web Page | Surcharges and Tolls
- Application Materials | I want to change my limousine rates or rules